April 2014 is Records and Information Management Month. In honor of that, TAB is publishing a four-part series on the top blogs in records and information management. This week we look at the best blogs offering RIM news, commentary and viewpoints.
Keeping abreast of the latest RIM developments is an important part of being a successful records manager. And it is not just hearing the news that’s important – it’s knowing what to make of it all. In part three of our series on the best RIM blogs we bring you some of the best sources of records management news, along with insightful blogs by experts in the field of records management.
Records Management News and Commentary
- Digital Asset Management News, a site dedicated to all things related to DAM.
- Toolbox.com, a varied blog with coverage of IT and RM related issues.
- Fierce Content Management, a source of weekly updates on topics related to content management.
- M Sarah Wickham, a recordkeeping practitioner.
- Mark J. Owen, a certified information management specialist.
- Michael Sampson, a collaboration strategist.
- Thinking Records, a records management blog from James Lappin.
- Ken Matthews, devoted exclusively to electronic records management.
- JISC infoNet, a service provider to the UK education sector.
Records Management Consultant Blogs
- SharePoint Records Management, featuring insights from ECRM expert, Don Lueders, CRM, CDIA.
- Info Management Nuggets, from Chris Walker, information management analyst.
- Rammell Consulting Limited Blog, from a UK-based information management consultancy.
Top Blog Highlight:
By James Lappin, Thinking Records
In an excellent post, James contrasts the core components of the first generation of EDRM systems with those of the newest generation, listing seven key capabilities to look for.
- Read our full list of the top records management blogs.
- Is something missing? If you know of a top RIM blog that should be included in our list, please let us know!
- Contact us for help with your records management challenges.